Thailand - Where to stay
Asian College of Teachers has selected the four most popular places in Thailand and undoubtedly some of the best holiday destinations of the world for holding the on-site TEFL course - Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket & Pattaya. In case you are not willing to take our accommodation or want to arrive prior to the course dates for touring the cities, here is a guide for you regarding staying in Thailand as per your convenience.
Bangkok is home to a wide range of hotels from the really shabby to truly world class. The Khao San Road is for backpackers while the rich and famous would surely agree to stay at THE PENINSULA or at THE ORIENTAL on Rattanakosin. On the other hand, Sukhumvit Road has hotels to suit every budget and need. But when you choose a place to stay in Bangkok make sure to choose a hotel near a metro station or a Sky train station. Boutique hotels have mushroomed in Sukhumvit Road which offers more personalized services.
Some of the well-known hotels are:
- Ambassador Hotel, Located on Sukhumvit Road :1450 baht/room/night including breakfast
- Quality Suite Airport Hotel, Located in ChaengWattana :1900 baht/room/night including ABF
- The Davis Bangkok, Located on Sukhumvit Soi 24: 2700 baht/room/night including breakfast
- Grande Villa Hotel, Located on Mahachai Road : 1250 baht/room/night including ABF
Chiang Mai is the largest city in the North Thailand region. It is roughly 700km north of Bangkok. The TEFL trainees would find the place very quiet and very clean with a wide range of hotels in the offing available at reasonable rates. The TEFL candidates can access the Internet Wi-Fi and a computer from the lobby in most of the hotels. You can find Chiang Mai hotels and resorts, in various price categories.
- S.K. House, City Center, Moonmuang Road 30 Moon Muang Road Soi 9,, Chiang Mai 50200
- International Hotel HuayKaew, 11, SoiMengrairasami, Sermsuk Road,, T. Changpuek, A. Muang, Chiang Mai 50300
- Montrara Happy House Hotel City, Chang Moi Kao Road 11/1 Chang Moi Kao Rd., Tambon Si Phum, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai 50300, Thailand
- BP Chiang Mai City Hotel City Center, Rachamankha Road 154 Rajmankha Road, Muang,, Chiang Mai 50200
- Ping Buri City Center, Suandok Gate 49/1-8 Arrak Road (Suandok Gate),, AmphurMuang, Chiangmai 50200
- Royal Panerai Hotel City, Assadathorn Road 3/9 Assadathorn Road, T. Sriphoom, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200
- Chiangmai Gate Hotel City, Suriwongse Road
Phuket is one of the few islands which can boast of an abundance of sandy beaches and clear water. There is a wide variety of beach resorts available for the TEFL trainees at different beaches of Phuket. The accommodation cost in Phuket is a little high than what you can expect in any other cities of Thailand as Phuket is the most spectacular beach destination of the world and is a favourite tourist spot and hence the cost of living is expensive here. But whatever the cost be, Phuket offers an ambience and aura which are worth spending for.
- Amora Beach Resort Phuket 322 Moo 2 Bang Tao Beach Srisoontorn Road CherngtalayTalang Phuket 83100, Bang Tao Beach
- Patong Resort Phuket 208 Raj Uthit 200 Pee Road Patong Beach Phuket 83150, Patong Beach
- Burasari Resort Phuket 18/110 Ruamjai Road TambolPatongAmphurKathu Phuket 83150, Patong Beach
- All Seasons Naiharn Phuket Resort 14/53 Moo 1 Naiharn Beach T. Rawai A. Muang Phuket 83130
Boasting an oasis of serenity, Pattaya offers the perfect atmosphere for your dream holiday and offers a wide range of resorts suitable for budget travelers, seeking a relaxing and peaceful holiday.
- Tim Boutique 397 42 Moo 10 Soi 14 Pattaya, 2nd Rd Nongprue Bang Lamung Chon Buri, Pattaya
- Siam Bayview Hotel Beach Road, Pattaya
- Mercure Hotel Pattaya 484 Moo 10, pattaya Second Road Soi 15, Pattaya
- Baron Beach 525 1 Moo 10 Soi 9, beach Rd Nongprue Banglamung, Pattaya